Monday, December 5, 2011

Inductance Meter based on 555.

There are three 'main roads' to measure a inductor:

1: buy inductors with colorcode


2: Use a tonegenerator and a osciloscope to calculate inductance :  http://et.nmsu.edu/~etti/fall96/electronics/induct/induct.html 

3: Build a L meter / Induction meter http://apexys-toan.blogspot.com/2011/02/ne555-based-inductivty-meter.html

Below i build the inductance meter found at apexys-toan blog.

The schematic is borrowed from the projects homepage, hope this is ok, I will remove the schematic immediately on request from the author.





coil color code




In the original project a  40uA / 2500 ohm meter is used, my meter is 100 uA and 1000 ohm, and works well. I am not sure how to calculate the scale. I found tree inductors vwith colorcode on and plottet them into the scala. I have desided to buy cheap small inductors in different values, to calibrate the scale.



This is all electronic needed. I also plan to mount a range selector latter (i will the opdate schematic and also insert 1:1 picture of the scale.)


The ne555 at work


This is the induction meter, maybee i will put it into a box ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment